Friday, January 18, 2013

Eazy Cheezy { P I Z Z A }

Sometimes I create meals in my head and boy are they tasty and pretty while they are in there! But sometimes if I get around to actually making the dream come true, it turns into a tid bit of a kitchen nightmare... This was not one of those times...

Pretty and EAZY Tortilla Pizza
•Tortilla (my fave: La Tortilla Factory Smart and Delicious Tortillas)
•Marinara {or pesto} (my fave: Trader Joe's organic tomato basil marinara)
•Veggies {be creative} (use whatever you've got in the fridge! Pictured: red and yellow peppers, onions, kale)
•Meat {or no meat} (deli turkey or leftover chicken)
•Mozzarella (my fave: fresh! or cheese sticks)
•Toppings: avocado, basil, cilantro, fresh tomatoes, salsa, parmesan, S&P)

Preheat oven to Broil {HIGH}, spread sauce onto tortilla, pile on the veggies (pretty colored ones), meat, cheese, place in oven under broiler until cheese is bubbly and browning {5-6 minutes}. TURN YOUR BACK AND IT WILL BURN!

Tips to enhance the yumminess and prettiness:
1. roast or sauté veggies before
2. Add your favorite seasonings
3. Experiment with the endless combos: tex-mex, margarita, pesto chicken, Thai peanut, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment