Tuesday, February 5, 2013

brick-oven PIZZA {roasted veggie & grilled chicken}

My loving husband is so good about eating whatever I come home and decide to throw in the oven that day, but I LOVE when he gives me a suggestion on what I should cook. It takes care of my incredible indecisiveness. Monday night he requested calzones... I was excited to attempt them, than the dough was giving me major attitude and I finally threw it all on the pizza stone and took the rolling pin to it. I must say the final product did not suffer from that hiccup.

brick-oven PIZZA
{roasted veggie & grilled chicken}
You will need:
Pizza stone
Rolling pin

Ingredients:
1 lb pizza dough (I haven't found our favorite recipe yet, so for now we use store-bought: Winco's wheat refrigerated dough)
1 cup pizza sauce (my fave: TJ's tomato basil marinara)
1 cup grilled chicken, shredded
2 cups roasted vegetables (instructions below; I do this a day or two before to make prep easier)
8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Fresh basil
Balsamic vinegar
Parmesan cheese, grated
Fresh cracked black pepper

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Roll out dough onto stone, bake for 10 minutes, then carefully remove hot stone from oven
3. Spread sauce onto crust, pile on chicken and veggies, arrange slices of mozzarella evenly on top, and sprinkle with garlic powder.
4. Bake for 12 more minutes
5. Change oven to broil on High, broil for 2-3 minutes {WATCHING CLOSELY} to make sure the cheese gets brown and bubbly, but {DOES NOT} burn.
6. Sprinkle with sliced basil, fresh cracked pepper, grated parm, and my personal favorite: drizzle of balsamic vinegar!
Oven roasted veggies: (zucchini, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, red onion, mushrooms, eggplant etc.) 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Simply cut veggies into chunks, arrange onto baking sheet, drizzle about 1 teaspoon olive oil or spray with cooking spray, sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder and roast for 40 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment