Saturday, February 2, 2013

thai red curry {trader joe's style}

At one point in my life I had the luckiest opportunity to live less than one mile away from the most glorious, unique grocery to come into my life. TRADER JOE'S is home to some of my very favorite products. The most delicious items to enter my home. And I'm about to introduce you to my #1...
I have a Thai food obsession and this curry sauce is the easiest, yummiest, healthiest way to cure that crazy craving EVERYTIME. I don't know what I would do if they hadn't opened a TJ's in Salt Lake City... Now get in your car and go to Trader Joe's.

Thai Red Curry {chicken & veggies}
2 large servings // 4 small servings
Ingredients:
1 bottle TJ's Thai Red Curry Sauce
3 large or 4 small chicken breasts // cut into 2 inch cubes
1 large carrot
4-6 cups fresh spinach
1 cup peas
Plain Greek yogurt // for serving (calms down the heat and adds the perfect amount of creaminess)
Pita bread, naan bread, quinoa, brown rice, soba or rice noodles // for serving

Crock-pot method:
Combine chicken, carrots and curry said in small crock-pot. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on High for 3 hours. Then stir in spinach and peas, cover and let cook for 10 more minutes. Serve with {carbohydrate} of your choice a dollop of Greek yogurt.

Stove-top method:
Heat large sauce pan over medium high, coat with non-stick spray or 1 tsp olive oil, add chicken and carrots, cook until chicken is fully cooked and carrots soften. Add curry sauce and let simmer for 15-20 minutes. Stir in spinach and peas, cover and simmer for 10 more minutes. Serve with {carbohydrate} of your choice and a dollop of Greek yogurt.


GET CREATIVE
Change up the ingredients with some of your favorites! 
Meat: sirloin or flank steak, boneless pork tenderloin, shrimp, tofu, etc.
Veggies: cauliflower, mushrooms, red peppers, sweet potatoes, kale, etc. 
I've done it all and it's delicious every time!

1 comment: