Sunday, February 10, 2013

Honey almond pork chops

honey & almond crusted pork chops
I'm not a huge fan of pork and I've NEVER had a desire to eat bone-in pork chops. Meat still attached to a bone gives me the willies so I thought I would branch out and experiment a little with the boneless version.. and they were on sale at Winco:) 
Usually boneless pork chops turn out kind of dry and boring so I was determined to find a way to boost the flavor and moisture! The hubby and I both give this combination two thumbs up.
Serves 2
Ingredients:
2 (4-ounce) boneless pork loin chops
4 teaspoons honey
1/3 cup almond meal/flour 
salt and pepper

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray baking sheet or glass dish with non-stick spray.
2. Dump almond flour onto plate
3. Spread and rub honey all over pork chops, press both sides into almond flour, place into baking dish.
4. Bake for 45-50 minutes (depending on thickness of chops), switch oven to broil on HIGH, let chops brown under broiler for 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment